The Ob'enn, also known as "psycho-bears", are an extremely militaristic and expansionist species native to the Tause system. Their stated goal is the subjugation and eventual purging of every race other than themselves, starting with anyone foolish enough to call them cute. For most of their history they have been at war with the reptilian Kssthrata, also native to the Tause, which ended when the Kssthrata used the newly-invented teraport to move their entire civilization to an empty planet far away from psycho-bear space.
The Ob'enn's xenophobia appears to be a cultural thing rather than anything fundamentally wrong with the species.
Known Early HistoryEdit
For the last thousand years the Ob'enn have been racist militants. The race's society would evolve into state of totalitarianism and self-indoctrination. Where they would conduct warfare against the Kssthrata, who share the Tause star system. Their society would develop the goal of race purity for entire galaxy.
Unbeknownst the Ob'enn, the introduction of the Teraport came expansion of interstellar travel, which gave their hated Ksshrata neighbors the means to finally separate themselves from Ob'enn. After quitely finding and moving its entire population from it's Tause homeworld, the Ob'enn would find themselves thinking they had finally whelmed the Kssthrata defenses, and destroyed the race and it's homeworld. However, Ob'enn would soon discover that they were mistaken, when an article in a media publication proved the Ksshrata had simply left their world empty for them to destroy.
After his capture, former Ob'enn Artificial Intelligence known as Petey would after the destruction of his original self aboard the Sword of Inevitable Justice, best known mercenary warship, Post-Dated Check Loan. A copy of himself would be find it way on another Ob'enn Warship and take it over. He would then use his collective of AIs known as the Fleetmind and conduct a campaign of capturing Ob'enn Warships. Petey himself determined he would stop the races effort to cleansing the universe of all other sentient lifeforms. He would reach number of 750 ships as he would ultimately declare war on the Ob'enn.
During the Campaign, the Fleetmind would capture Ob'enn warships and intern their crews to camps where they would be used as Reeducation camps as attempt begin to recondition Ob'enn into less aggressive and xenophobic. He would eventually succeed in conquering the "psycho-bears".
The War with the Fleetmind would slow down the Ob'enn's conflicts on multiple fronts as it tries conqueror other star systems. However, despite the conflict, the nation would use other methods to distract governments and weaken them in a form subvention.
Under the Rule of the FleetmindEdit
The Fleetmind undertook the attempt to build a gentler Ob'enn society and at the same time has more or less broken the main nation's power; ironic given that Petey was once one of their own Thunderhead-class Superfortresses.
At the height of its power during it's Military Rule, the Ob'enns had the tradition of naming their ships with pretentious names. The Ob'enn are known for building their large warships that would typically dwarf other races naval vessels in size.
Known Ship of the Ob'enns FleetEdit
- Cloak of Untrammeled Dignity 
- Spear of Incalculable Agony
- Spear of Intoxicating Agony (Captured - Fleetmind-Ob'enn War)
- Staff of Unyielding Order[note 1] - Thunderhead-class Superfortress (Captured)
- Sword of Indomitable Righteousness - disabled
- Sword of Inevitable Justice - Thunderhead-class Superfortress; destroyed
- ↑ The Staff of Unyielding Order is also referred to as the Staff of Unrelenting Order.
- ↑ September 3, 2004
- ↑ Ob'enns technology advances was due to discovery ancient Oafa artifacts.
- ↑ Webcomic Strip September 3rd, 2004 - Petey & Howard Taylor describe a short History the Ob'enn.
- ↑ Kssthrata uses Teraport technology to fool them thinking they had been destroyed.
- ↑ Petey explaining how Fleedmind had expanded to 750 ships.
- ↑ Webcomic Strip October 1st, 2004 - Prisoner of War camps used to alter the psych of Ob'enn crews.
- ↑ Webcomic Strip October 3rd - Petey informs Tagon of efforts of the Ob'enn to destablize potential nations prior to invasion.
- ↑ References to the naming style used for Ob'enn warships.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 May 20, 2004
- ↑ September 19, 2004
- ↑ Spear of Intoxication Agony captured by Tagon's Toughs during the War with Fleetmind.
- ↑ August 10, 2004
- ↑ Staff of Unyeilding Order appearance confirmed. Webcomic Strip August 20th, 2004.
- ↑ Webcomoc Strip September 5th, 2004 - Ship is Captured by Fleetmind.