The United Nations of Sol, commonly referred to as the UNS, is the 31st century meta-government that subsumes all nations, corpornations, habistates, cometownships, and other governing bodies in the gravitational thrall of Earth's sun. There are many human-populated (and even human-ruled) star systems outside of Sol System, however, that pay only token homage to the UNS.
The UNS is a fairly major force in the galaxy, since it is the primary government of the fifthmost populous family of sophonts in the galaxy. Population centers governed directly by the UNS (as opposed to its satellite governments) include Earth, Luna, Europa, Mars, Venus and Mall-One.
UNS is governed by a Plutorliament Government. During the time of the Teraport Wars, the UNS was riven with factions. Two known factions within the UNS were focus on cutting deals with Gatekeepers. While they had no known name, two set of these factions attempted to cut a deal with Progressive faction of Gatekeepers Cabal, potentially effect Galactic commerce. Former UNS General XinChub and Deputy Elephant was one set group, while Admiral Breya Andreyasn was member for another.
During Tough's Escort of the representatives of the Neoafu Stronghold, and their announcement of release of technology to create immortality, factions within the UNS would turn against each other. Hijacking the Earth's artificial ring begin to attack Dom Atlantis with powerful light beams, marking beginning of a UNS Civil War. The rebellion, with the JSC assisting use Ring to attack Plutorliament government.]</ref>
Economics / Industrial InfoEdit
The bulk of the UNS's Military-Industry can be found in the Jovian System (aka Jupiter and it's moons.). This is due in part the rich resources found in and around Jupiter. However, excessive mining of Io cause the moon to be destroyed, restructuring the way resources are gathered from the moons.
The UNS has a large warfleet, during the Core War, the UNS deployed 51 Battleplates and 2,200 smaller warships with coalition of ships to fight destruction of the Galaxy. Older ships which are decommissioned, are have their AI's removed and retired.
The UNS Fleet was known to employ types of warships & starships. It is unclear if Battleship are still built enlight of the rise of Battleplates. One known Battleship, Terra Firminator was retired and converted into a Embassy Ship.
- UNS Chesapeak
- UNS Chicxulub
- UNS El'gygytgyn
- UNS Morokweng - Destroyed
- UNS Popigai
- UNS Shoemaker-Levy
- UNS Sudbury
- UNS Tunguska - Destroyed
- UNS Vredefort
- UNS-IAI Gift Horse Science Vessel - A former Oafa corvette sold to UNS Fleet.
- UNS Terra Firmator Ambassadorial Vessel - A former Battleship converted to Ambassador Vessel when the Plenipotent Dominion started to be formed.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Webcomic Strip September 8th, 2004 - AI Petey describes USN-Gatekeeper Factions
- ↑ UNS Civil War breaks out
- ↑ [https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2008-03-01 Webcomic January March 1st, 2008 - Mining of Io and it's destruction effects to industry.
- ↑ Webcomic Strip February 29th, 2008 - UNS's Econom-Industry in jovian system is explained.
- ↑ Webcomic Strip May 3rd, 2005 - Petey informs Time-Clone Kevyn of UNS's large fleet being deployed aid in the conflict.
- ↑ Webcomic Strip December 16th, 2007 - Fate of AI's on retired ships of the UNS
- ↑ March 12, 2004
- ↑ - WebComic Strip September 5th, 2016 - the destroyer, UNS Juab is first introduced.
- ↑ Gifthorse first noted by name
- ↑ First outside view of Gift Horse