- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
-- Sarah Manley
I'd go with the top-view one, since it best illustrates the origin of the name "Extortionator" :) MMight want to crop it a little though, it doesnt need the talk-bubbles.
Also, thanks a lot for starting the wiki! The strip needs more fans!
Dalek955 07:37, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
Now I have pictures to choose between. Which of the three plasgun pictures do you think I should use?
Also, I keep uploading pictures and having them come out stretched horizontally, and when that happens i have to load a pre-squashed version to correct for it. It happens about 50% of the time. Am I doing something wrong, or does the computer just hate me?
Dalek955 04:52, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
When I do the page on TAG, should I use a picture from before or after his "head" started levitating?
Dalek955 10:08, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
Probably not, since Tagii is so different from TAG.
Dalek955 23:34, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
No. Theyre still the same ship, with the same name, and since we have TAG and Tagii in separate articles, we can't say that its personality changes.
Dalek955 20:21, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
I was thinking just do a page on the Averted Future, and have a paragraph in there about Future!Kevyn and Future!Schlock.
Also, I do redlinks if i think of it, but i forget a lot. sry :)
Dalek955 04:11, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
I started a page but gave it the wrong name! Can you please rename
... to "JSC"? The system won't let me rename the page on my own.
References as to the correct name: